Subject: Re: X on LCII - NetBSD1.3.2
To: Skyler <skyler@interlog.com>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/12/1999 07:03:30
How are you starting X?  Do you have xdm set up, or are you logging in
and then using startx?

Can you post the output from dmesg?

Can you attach a serial console?  If so, does it drop into the debugger,
or does it just hang for real?  If it just hangs when you have serial
console, press the programmer's (interrupt) button (does the LC-II have
one of these?) to get into the debugger, then type trace to get a stack
backtrace.

On Mon, 12 Apr 1999, Skyler wrote:

> Does anyone have any hints on getting X to run on an LCII with NetBSD 1.3.2?
>
> I create the ld.so.conf as per the instructions and when the machine boots,
> it gets to the login prompt then, I guess, crashes as the screen goes blank
> and the only way I can get it back is a reboot, into single user, remove the
> ld.so.conf file and then do an fsck.
>
> It seems ok after, but I get that error when trying to run X
>
> thanx in advance
>
> Keith

| Paul Goyette      | PGP DSS Key fingerprint:   | E-mail addresses:     |
| Network Engineer  |   BCD7 5301 9513 58A6 0DBC |  paul@whooppee.com    |
| and kernel hacker |   91EB ADB1 A280 3B79 9221 |  pgoyette@juniper.net |