Subject: Re: Keyboard behavior in Pico
To: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.org>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/09/1999 09:24:30
On Fri, 9 Apr 1999, Michael G. Schabert wrote:

> [...
> options for returns & erase keys when you use so many different systems. My
> wife used to log into her school shell acct from the Mac lab, the PeeCee
> lab, wyse terminal and from home, & it seemed that no two liked the same
> erase key ;-). I set up a command "seterasekey" that would change her
> variable to the opposite of whatever it was by default & told her to just
> type that if erase didn't work.

	One nice trick is:
		alias ^H stty erase ^H
		alias ^? stty erase ^?
	Then if your 'erase character' key is incorrect you just type
	'RETURN' <erase key> 'RETURN' and it sets it.

	Note - the ^H and ^? above are actual control characters - if you
	are using vi to edit a .cshrc you'll want to press ^V before them
	to stop vi interpreting them.

		David/absolute

                  -=-  Trust is a non-renewable resource  -=-