Subject: Re: ADB probe hangs
To: None <ender@macbsd.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/25/1999 09:04:44
On Thu, 25 Mar 1999, Colin Wood wrote:

> Colin Wood wrote:
> > Dave Huang wrote:
> >
> > i just tried a kernel (march 20th source) which had ADB_DEBUG defined, and
> > it booted just fine on my q840av.  i'm guessing this is pretty much the
> > problem.  a little more testing and i guess i'll add it back in...unless,
> > of course, i can find the real problem.
> >

> looking at what code is added by ADB_DEBUG, none of it should ever
> actually be called, so i'd assume there is some sort of alignment problem
> :-(

That sounds plausible. Part of the mystery is that almost any change
to the kernel config, or any new sup, has about a 50%-50% chance of
working. As I said before, this often leads you to believe you've
found something when you haven't. It's even more amazing that many
particular kernels work exactly half the time. That has to mean
something; I only wish I knew what that was.