Subject: Panic!Need Xtra /usr partition:how2?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: T@W <lsp93@xs4all.nl>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/22/1999 21:14:44
On the internal HD of 250Mb(scsi0) i've a root/usr partition.
My SWAP is on a ZIP100(scsi6).
I've also an external HD of 4Gb(scsi2), which has various MacHFS partitions
in use.
On this disk i want to place an xtra /usr partition so i made one and
formatted it as a /usr part.
1)When i do this i get the following:

formatting.....
Warning: inode blocks/cyl group (169) >= data blocks (24) in last
    cylinder group. This implies 388 sector(s) cannot be allocated.
disk:   680960 sectors in 448 cylinders of 10 tracks, 152 sectors
    348.7MB in 28 cyl groups (16 c/g, 12.45MB/g, 2880 i/g)

Is this inode message bad??

2)it does the format and in the installer it sees the made partition.
i go through all the proper steps and want to boot.
It boots, panics and goes straight into the db with an MMUfault message
and points to the address a6.
What is wrong? (even when i configured the etc/fstab)

Who can give me clue 'cause i need my space

Thanks!!

BTW without the xtra /usr everything boots and runs. Problems arise only
with the xtra.