Subject: Exporting filesystem??
To: NetBSD List <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Greg Evans <raisplin@rcn.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/14/1999 02:38:03
Hi gang,

New questions..

I am trying to NFS mount a directory on my NetBSD box so that I can
install RedHat Linux on another Machine (yeah..don't ask)...

so far what I have done is

/etc/exports I added the following line

/RHLinux -ro -maproot=root -network 192.168.1.0 -mask 255.255.255.0

this is so that hopefully only machines on my internal network can access
this directory.

then I started mountd with /usr/sbin/mountd and then nfsd with
/usr/sbin/nfsd -tun 4

(this is what I saw in the FAQ for Diskless NEtBSD HOW-TO) for starting
the correct daemons.

so now I try to use the Linux installer disks to get to the directory and
so far it is yet to work.  have I done something wrong?  or do I just not
know wher eto look in the FAQ for the proper information?

Regards,

Greg