Subject: Re: appletack and ethernet
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Takashi Ikemi <ikemi@xa2.so-net.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/02/1999 22:04:05
At 6:04 PM 99.03.01, Ulrich Hausmann wrote:
> On 17:36 Uhr +0200 01.03.1999, Eric Damien Berna wrote:
>
> > The other, newer product from Apple, the
> > LocalTalk Bridge, was an expanded version of the free LaserWriter Bridge.
> > I just checked the Apple Web site and I found that it seems to be defunct
> > also.  Maybe you can find a copy of one of these products somebody is
> > willing to part with.
>
> Eric,
>
> thanks a lot for the info. That's exactly what I was afraid of. . . Me
> too I didn't find any trace of LocalTalk bridge on the Apple ftps
> (which seems to be cleaned up recently). In case it was/is free, would
> there be out there someone willed to send it to me by mail?
>
> Best regards, Ulrich

But I found some trace of it, at :

<ftp://ftp.info.apple.com/Apple_Support_Area/Apple_Software_Updates/English-
North_American/Macintosh/Networking-Communications/Other_N-C/LT_and_LW_Bridg
e_2.1.sea.bin>

The file contains the free LaserWriter Bridge 2.1 (claiming compatible
with OpenTransport) and some patches for LocalTalk Bridge to make it
comapatible with OT.

Takshi Ikemi
ikemi@xa2.so-net.ne.jp