Subject: Re: SONIC LC/PDS TwP Ethernet Troubles
To: Sean-Paul Rees" , "port-mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/07/1998 06:29:27
Sean-Paul Rees <sean@flame.org> wrote:

>I have a SONIC LC/PDS TwP Ethernet board(?) in my LC3. It works fine under
>MacOS. NetBSD won't recognize it. Is this a supported board(?), or have I
>done something wrong?

Not all cards that work under MacOS also work under NetBSD.  The
NewerTech LC10 is one that doesn't - it's not even recognized at boot
time by NetBSD.

There's a Dayna, Apple part #m0437z/b, that uses a Sonic DP83934AVQB
chip. It's recognized by NetBSD on boot by the "ae" driver, but spits out
an error	"Can't determine RAM size" and isn't configured for use.  It
probably wouldn't take much to get this one working.

Two cards that I've found do work are the Apple	LC Twisted-pair, part
number #630-0891 which uses a Sonic DP83934BVUL chip and the
Asante	MacCon III+ which uses the ST-NIC DP83902AV chip. The first is
supported by the "sn" driver, the second by the "ae" driver.

-bob