Subject: Re: netbsd CD-R software?
To: Capt. Avram Dorfman <dorfman@pentagon.mil>
From: Hans-Christian Becker <hcb@phc.chalmers.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/29/1998 20:05:59
>Hello,
>
>Are there any packages that would enable one to burn a netbsd filesystem
>onto a CD-R?
Yes.

>Or is there a way to mount/access a netbsd filesystem from a Mac under
>MacOS so that you can burn it onto a CD using Mac side software?
Yes.
Check out mkhybrid (which is nowadays part of the pkgsrc tree?)
(http://www.ge.ucl.ac.uk/~jcpearso/software.html) and related links
(hfsutils etc). That should do the trick.

Best regards, and write back if you need more information. I have been
making HFS filesystems and burnt them onto CD-R without too much trouble,
so I guess that it should work in your environment also.
/hcb

>-Capt Avram Dorfman
>Chief, Network Operations
>email: dorfman@pentagon.mil