Subject: Re: Accelerator cards and mice...
To: None <ulrich.hausmann@a2e.hp.shuttle.de>
From: I-Jong Lin <ijonglin@EE.Princeton.EDU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/28/1998 11:19:29

> would that be done by a PDS slot card or by board exchange? A simple processor
> exchange would not work - at least IMHO . . .
>
> If by pds slot card, I remember there are some creating problems with NetBSD (Carrera?).
>
> Best regards,
>
> Ulrich

Dear Ulrich,

I think the board exchange path w/ IIci is with a Quadra 700, so
I'm surprised the clock speed is not 50 Mhz.  As for using the PDS
slot, currently, I actually have a custom kernel that boots NetBSD
('040 @ 90 Mhz), but unfortunately something within the SCSI driver
disagrees with the accelerator, so reads work, but writes do not.
It's as close as I have gotten.  There have been fixes to SCSI drivers,
so I'm waiting for the next release of the source to try again.

I-Jong