Subject: Re: How to install...
To: None <eyes@internetcom.com.br>
From: Ken Nakata <knakata@itpjp.co.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/28/1998 11:39:02
Philippe wrote:

> 1. Where can I download  The full archive to install...

Go to http://www.netbsd.org/Sites/net.html to see the list of the
official distribution sites.

> Because I did a download  last weekend  but i cant install...

We need to know exactly what you downloaded and precisely how you cannot
install it.  A verbatim log of what you've done.  Without it, there's no
much we can help you.

> 2. Shoul I  make a partition in the aPPLE DRIVE SETUP ?  bUT iLL HAVE TO
> INSTALL mAC oS again... Right ?

It depends on how you want to install.  If you choose to accomodate both
MacOS and NetBSD on a single disk drive, you will have to repartition
the drive which usually means you will also have to reinstall MacOS.
But if you choose to install NetBSD on a separate disk drive, you don't
have to repartition your MacOS drive at all.

> 3. Whats the size to run my NET BSD ?

What do you mean by that?  It requires at least 4MB RAM and roughly
50-60MB of disk space, but these figures are very minimum.  If you are
just trying to get yourself familiar with UNIX-like OS, 200-300MB of
disk space should be plenty enough to install some add-on software.

> 4. Whats the diference between Linux and NETBSD ?

The name ;-)  Well, seriously, to a casual observer, there's not much
difference between them, except the installation procedures.

> 3. What I have to install ?

Read the file INSTALL which is found in the same directory as the
distribution sets.

> 4. Where can I find an X Window to run in my NetBsd ?

At the same place as the rest of the distribution sets.

Oh, BTW, the version you want to get is 1.3.2.  I wouldn't recommend a
current snapshot to anyone who's trying NetBSD for the first time.

Ken