Subject: LC III video and network Q's
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Jim Hill <jimhill@meldrick.swcp.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/26/1998 17:57:08
I recently installed NetBSD on an old LC III I had lying around (amazing
how much faster that thing is when it doesn't have to keep drawing
pictures), and only two things are truly driving me bonkers right now:

1)  Black text + white screen = big headache.  Is there a way to switch to
a more standard white/grey text on black screen?

2)  Instead of networking, I have net-sort-of-working.  I have a modem on a
Linux PC which is configured to be my gateway to the world.  If I put a
nameserver entry into my /etc/resolv.conf, then the Mac loses its ability
to address the machines on my home LAN by name...but if I take the
nameserver entry out, then I have to address other machines by IP address.
Is there something I'm missing that would let me have my cake and eat it,
too?

Jim
--
jimhill@swcp.com                      http://www.swcp.com/~jimhill/