Subject: Install failure
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. <drk@shore.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/26/1998 09:57:48
I'm trying to put NetBSD 1.3 onto a 1 Gig Quantum drive. At a random point
during the install, I get:

Error on SCSIRead(), #5
Error on SCSIRead(), #5
Error on SCSIRead(), #5
Error on SCSIRead(), #5
Error on SCSIRead(), #5
Error on SCSIRead(), #5
pos=0, i=27, fs=/
alloccblk: can't find blk in cyl

It isn't a bad disk - I tested the disk intensively with every test I own.
Any suggestions?

I have tried this with a Q950, a IIvx, and a IIx, not that it matters,
since I never got as far as trying to run!

Have tried using both space & time optimizations - no difference.

Dan Killoran

Got a device you would like to have run on the Mac? Call:
                 Daniel-the-Driver-Maker
      Fast service - accurate work - responsive support

         (Offer void wherever taxed or prohibited!)