Subject: Hosting Multiple IPs from a Single Machine?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: bvjsales <bvjsales@japan.co.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/26/1998 12:57:06
Hi,

	Is it possible to host multiple IPs from a single machine? I have a
block of 16 IPs available to me and I want to use them. The block runs from
.96 to .111

	.96 is the Network ID (Domain ID) = mydomain.com
	.97 is the Router - a seperate device = wormhole. mydomain.com
	.98 is the Name Server = ns1. mydomain.com

	Currently I'm running several services all from the same box as the
nameserver so all the NAMES for those services resolve back to
xxx.xxx.xxx.98

	What I'd like to do is seperate a few of the services into
different IPs  but still run them from the same machine as the nameserver,
at least until I get another machine ;)

	For example:

Primary NS	Nameserver = xxx.xxx.xxx.98  = ns1.mydomain.com
	But setthe following as
		FTP Server = xxx.xxx.xxx.103 = ftp.mydomain.com
		IRC Server = xxx.xxx.xxx.105 = irc.mydomain.com
		WWW Server = xxx.xxx.xxx.107 = www.mydomain.com

	What files do i need to edit and can you point me to an example or
give me an example.

	Machine: Quadra 840AV
	NetBSD Ver 1.3 (Generic)
	currently all services running under CNAME so they all resolve back to
	xxx.xxx.xxx.98

I always appreciate your help :)

NRT