Subject: Re: new disk problems
To: Dave Schmitt <dschmi1@umbc.edu>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/25/1998 07:16:48
At 2:30 PM -0800 10/24/98, Dave Schmitt wrote:
>The partitioning scheme can change drasticly if it's gonna cause problems
>since I just came up with this one on the fly after talking to some people I
>know who run linux; the old drive just had a tiny HFS, a huge root&usr and
>a swap...

My own prejudice is that *any* partitioning scheme will cause problems.
You can't be prescient so you're going to have to change partition sizes
sooner or later, and that's a big pain when you have an installed/running
system.  I think your best bet is to use the minimum number of partitions
you can get away with.  for MacBSD on a single drive that generally means
3:  MacOS Boot, swap, and Root&Usr as big as possible.