Subject: Re: out of memory
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/24/1998 08:42:06
What Ken Nakata said:  need more information.

At 9:50 AM -0700 10/21/98, Joe Laffey wrote:
>less than a week.) I lowered the Max_Clients in the httpd.conf to 30. This
>seems to be doing the trick for now. Is that the best way to handle this?

Given no goofs and you just ran out of memory, then yes this is how to
handle the problem.  You could recompile Apache with fewer modules enabled
to reduce its memory requirements.

In theory you should be able to do a size command on the apache executable
and a vmstat and compute the number of copies of apache which could fit.
Actually apache probably does some malloc's and stuff that aren't included
in the size output so the number would be less.

Anyone looked a vmstat to see if you get the information you need to figure
how much memory a copy of apache really takes while running?