Subject: Re: ispell
To: Joe Laffey <joe@laffeycomputer.com>
From: Dr. Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/22/1998 16:47:42
On Thu, 22 Oct 1998, Joe Laffey wrote:

> I'm trying to install ispell from the packagage distribution.
>
> When I try to make it I am told:
>
> you need to install /usr/share/dict/words from the 'dict' distribution
> first
> *** Error code 1
>
> I can't find this "dict" distribution. Anyone know where this is?

You're compiling from the pkgsrc, aren't you?

I suspect that the message is from ispell's script, with is talking about
a non-NetBSD distribution.

You should have a /usr/share/dict/words, which should be hard linked to
/usr/share/dict/web2. They are in the misc distribution, and contain the
words from a version of Webster's dictionary.

Take care,

Bill