Subject: Re: asm2gas in m68k/fpsp
To: Chas Williams <chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Paul Forgey <paulf@aphrodite.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/20/1998 13:14:15
Did some further research, as well as a crash course in 68K FPU
instructions.  Apparently, the assembly source takes #:nnn to mean 'absolute
value of floating point number represented in hex'.  I changed asm2gas from
subsituting #: -> #:0x to #: -> #0x

I have a working kernel cross built from sparc-sun-solaris2.6 now, using
egcs 1.1b and binutils 2.9.1.

Ultimately, this kernel goes onto a system 7.0.1 boot floppy, with the
booter in place of the finder for a diskless workstation.  I may also take a
look at the booter source code for tftp'ing a kernel, since there isn't much
room on the floppy!

Once I get that done, if anyone is interested, I can submit a HOWTO or
something going over these points:

o Cross compiling the kernel and some slight changes to bmake's mk files -
with bintutils 2.9.1 and egcs1.1b, there are further steps needed beyond the
cross compiliation HOWTO
o NFS mouting the root filesystem and DHCP assignment
o Creating a dedicated boot floppy for a diskless workstation