Subject: MacOS boot problem with NetBSD disk
From: Joe Laffey <joe@laffeycomputer.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/19/1998 18:19:48
Ever since I installed a second NetBSD drive (external at SCSI ID 4) on my
Q700 I have had troubles booting in MacOS. To boot the system I have to
turn off this drive (ID4). The internal drive (ID0) is also only NetBSD
partitions. I actually boot off of a Syquest drive (ID5).

It was my understanding that MacOS looks for s drive with a system folder
first at 0, then 6,5,4,3,2,1 in that order. However, if I leave the ID4
NetBSD drive turned on at startup I get a dead Mac icon (sadMac).

Any ideas? I'd love to be able to reboot remotely if I had to. Luckily
NetBSD runs so well that I have never had a kernel panic or any other need
to reboot other than to reconfigure networking.

Thanks,

Joe Laffey
LAFFEY Computer Imaging
St. Louis, MO