Subject: Re: problems with make config
To: NetBSD List <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Ben Zeller <zelr_ss@troi.cc.rochester.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/19/1998 12:50:01
At 11:00 AM -0500 10/19/98, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
>On Mon, 19 Oct 1998, Ben Zeller wrote:
>
>> I'm working on compiling a new kernel, which requires me to compile the
>> config program first.  When I try to "make config" I get an intersting
>> response,
>>
>> 183 yak% make config
>> "Makefile", line 18: Could not find bsd.prog.mk
>> Fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
>> 184 yak%
>>

>> I am assuming that bsd.prog.mk is some sort of shared library file, and if
>> so then make is correct, I do not have this file installed.  Does anyone
>> know what bsd.prog.mk is and where I can get it?
>
>The *.mk files live in /usr/share/mk. They should have come along with
>comp.tgz, which you need to compile anything, anyway.

Thanks for your response.  Although I installed the comp "package", that
particular directory has only one file.  Not that I am surprised.  Most of
the packages I installed using the MacOS install program "lost" some files.
Has anyone else ever experienced this problem?  Not that it is a major
deal, I can just install the package from within BSD,

Thanks,

Ben
--
    /     \      Ben Zeller
  \ \__O__/ /    University of Rochester Computing Center