Subject: installing BIND man pages
From: Joe Laffey <joe@laffeycomputer.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/19/1998 11:19:34
I just built the latest version of BIND (named) 8.1.2 I am pretty certain
that the make file installed all the binaries correctly. I updated my
named.boot file to a named.conf file with the perl script provided.

I'd really like to have the new man pages installed, though. These pages
are in the docs.man directory of the BIND distribution. Is there an easy
way to install these in the right place?

Also, how can I see what version of named is actually running? It doesn't
seem to have a -v option...

I'm pretty certain that I have the 8.1.2 running. It seems MUCH faster
than before.

Thanks,

Joe Laffey
LAFFEY Computer Imaging