Subject: New 1.3.2 Installation on a Mac II
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@tmonline.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/19/1998 10:24:38
After being away for a long time, I'm trying to get 1.3.2 working on a Mac
II that used to run 1.2.1 pretty well.

The install went well from  the CDROM (Thanks for that) but I'm having
trouble getting it up on the network.

I have two ethernet cards (it hopes to be a router for Road Runner someday)
and both are recognized, ae0 and ae1. I can ifconfig them, except for
selecting the media type, which results in device not configured. The
default is media: manual which is ok I think.

Here's the problem. If I bring ae0 down with ifconfig ae0 down, I can ping
it ok, the times are in the 4ms range.  If I then bring it up, ping just
sits there.  Same thing with trying to get out to another machine on the
network, it just sits there.

I tried pinging from a sunOS 4.1.3 box, and it reports that the machine is
alive. I try telnetting in, and it reports that it is connected, but
nothing happens, no login, nothing. I can escape out of telnet, so it isn't
hung, but no response.  If I try telnet localhost, it also hangs, but I'm
not sure if this should work.

All the machines are on the same subnet, 192.168.123.3 and 4, 5, and 6
actually.

Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Brad

Stephen B. Salai                            Phone (716) 325-5553
Cumpston & Shaw                             Fax    (716) 262-3906
Two State Street                            email bsalai@tmonline.com
Rochester, NY 14614