Subject: installing NetBSD Packages Collection from behind a proxy server
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Carlos Terre <cterre@activ.es>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/19/1998 13:44:20
*** I am stuck with this issue... any hint, hack, or help will be
appreciated!!! ***

This question should be in a FAQ list, but for some reason I could not
find it:

What is to be configured in order to have the NetBSD Packages Collection
working when the NetBSD machine has internet access by means of a proxy
server (or firewall)???

When I want to ftp ftp.netbsd.org I do:

ftp proxy
login:anonymous@ftp.netbsd.org
password:cterre@activ.es

'proxy' is the name defined in /etc/hosts for the computer running the
proxy server (192.168.0.2 in my LAN). This gets me in business.

The problem is that I have looked into bsd.pkg.mk (the file that is
included into Makefile when a package is to be installed) and saw there
are some settings for passive use when a firewall is being used... but I
have no clue where they are!!!

This should be documented since proxy servers are rather common...

Thanks for your help!

* Carlos Terre                                                      *
* Iniciativas ACTIV, S.L.                  Tel: +34-962-960-727     *
*                                          FAX: +34-962-960-727     *
* Plaza del Rey Jaime I, 3A, 1-6           GSM: 907-303-595         *
* 46700 GANDIA                          mailto:cterre@activ.es      *
* SPAIN                                    WWW: http://www.activ.es *
* CSM Proxy:Compartir internet en Red Local http://www.activ.es/csm *
* GuiaACTIV - Gu=EDa de Gandia, La Safor - http://www.guia-activ.com  *