Subject: Log File System & Memory File System
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Steven Hascall <shascal@siue.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/16/1998 13:14:55
The log file system is completely hosed under NetBSD, isn't it? I brought
the system down no less than 6 times before I decided to give up on it.
There isn't any special rule that the lfs can be the only fs on a disk, is
there?

Also I noticed that any mfs I try to mount (from the fstab at least) can
be no larger than about 60 megabytes or so. Is there a way around this? Is
this an option I can set if I recompile my own kernel? Is there any
advantage to compiling a kernel with the -O3 and -m68040 flags. I seem to
remember my system actually ran *slower* the last time I built a kernel
myself, and I used those flags thinking I would actually see an
improvement. Thanks for any help.

-Steve