Subject: Off-topic: dhclient problems
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Hans-Christian Becker <hcb@phc.chalmers.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/15/1998 10:02:17
Hi all.
I have some problems when using dhclient, both on my Mac (1.3.2), and on
and intel box. Sure enough, I get the correct IP address, but (1) I get
some errors, presumably from dhclient-script (ifconfig: SIOFADDR - file
exists - could not connect to sysconfig socket), and (2) both netatalk,
samba, and apache break more or less. Apache is the only thing giving a
verbose error message: "Could not determine host name".
I ifconfig up the ethernet interface as 0.0.0.0, mask 255.255.255.255, and
run dhclient with an empty dhclient.conf from /etc/netstart.local. I have
really tried to read all the DHCP man pages, but to no avail. Could someone
suggest any pointers? My great over-sysadmin does _not_ want me to use
static IP addresses, and wants me to run either DHCP or bootp. Any pointers
to a bootp client?
TIA & best regards,
/hcb

---