Subject: Re: X Server probel (with Centris650)
To: None <mahnke@physik.uni-kl.de>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/15/1998 06:56:48
On Wed, 14 Oct 1998 18:23:42 +0200 (CST), Peter Mahnke,,, wrote:

> The XServer starts, but the display has moved to the right side ( I
> believe the Base address does not work ).

That is correct, and the problem is not with the X server but with the
kernel (more precisely with the grf driver).

> I read the FAQ and the Instructions for the OSFA Server, but I got no hint
> how to fix this Problem - does anybody out there know how to fix it.

This problem is supposed to be fixed in current (however, current
mac68k source has been broken for a while and it's compilable but
compiled kernels will not run).  Try a current snapshot kernel from
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/binary/kernel/.  Since
Q650 uses NCR53C96 SCSI controller rather than 53C80, ncrscsi or sbc
driver is a non-issue.  Try GENERIC or GENERICSBC and if you have
trouble with your ADB devices, try one of the MRG kernels.

Oh, BTW, this is definitely going to cause the "ps: proc size
mismatch" problem.  See the NetBSD/mac68k FAQ for more details.

Hope it helps,

Ken