Subject: Re: KDE
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/15/1998 02:56:24
Mark de Jong <mdj@home.com> wrote:

Mark> Hi,

Mark> I went to install the KDE package using:

Mark> 	pkg_add ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/ ... (forgot
Mark> the rest of the path now)

Mark> and it installed most of the stuff just fine, however
Mark> there were a few dependant packages that it couldn't
Mark> find.

What was the exact error message?  Just for your info, the
pkg collection of -current is changed daily and not even
guaranteed for its completeness.

Mark> Has anyone else had this problem?

Mark> Also, I went ahead and tried running what was there ...
Mark> and it was very, very, s - l - o - w. Maybe my poor
Mark> old Mac IIcx isn't up to the task. Or maybe I just
Mark> need to add some more memory. Any comments?

Hmm, thats why I don't use such a decorating stuff for
myself...  Adding more memory is good thing to do, though.

--
SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
Hack on NetBSD, and your code runs on over 20 architectures!