Subject: Mosaic Compiling Woes...
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Joshua E Hope <otaku@unixgeek.ml.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/13/1998 23:37:08
This may not be the proper place for this, but you're the only people I
know who may know what's going on here...

I recently downloaded the pkgsrc collection from NetBSD. I used it to
"make" Mosaic, and after approximately a week of compiling lesstif and
other things needed by Mosaic, it finally started compiling Mosaic
itself...

Anyway, it's down to the end. Linking the Mosaic object files together
into Mosaic. Then it spews many many MANY screenfulls of "Undefined
symbol" errors. They're all "_Xsomething something" symbols...which leads
me to believe a library is not being included here, or SOMETHING.

What surprises me is that this *should* compile out of box since the
people at NetBSD supposedly put patches onto it to make it do so... :)

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot...

Josh Hope
"Yes, I use UNIX. Why are you laughing?!"
root                 nefas       melkor
root@unixgeek.ml.org @SuperChat  @ChatNet
                   http://unixgeek.ml.org