Subject: -current kernels panic
To: #List NetBSD Mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/11/1998 14:51:59
I was just wondering - seems I recall that one of the last problems in
the signal handling stuff was to correct a problem with setjmp/longjmp
(in the libc code).

Does any one know if the same fix was made in the kernel version?

I know for a fact that both the NCR and SBC SCSI drivers use this in
their interrupt routine - has to do with the way the pseudo-DMA chip's
handshaking works.  And I've had the same problem everyone else seems
to have:  kernel panics, stack trace is different every time, but the
only thing in common is that the panic occurs during heavy disk I/O,
such as during the run of savecore, or the building of kernel databases.

| Paul Goyette      | Public Key fingerprint:    | E-mail addresses:        |
| Network Engineer  |   0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@whooppee.com       |
| and kernel hacker |   E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul.goyette@ascend.com |