Subject: Re: Anyway to prevent the floppy from being ejected at reboot?
To: Dr. John Refling <refling@comet.lbl.gov>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/11/1998 11:03:18
Dr. John Refling wrote:
> I want this to work in an unattended, remote situation.

how unattended?  on my 1 machine here that boots off a floppy (an SE/30
with only a 40MB HD), i generally boot into netbsd, the floppy ejects, and
then i pop it back in.  there is nothing in netbsd which will eject the
floppy, so it's good until the next boot.  at this rate, as long as you
don't reboot twice, you're covered...

in general, i don't think there is any way to prevent the mac from
ejecting the floppy on shutdown.

of course, i guess you could always duct tape over the floppy drive slot,
although i wouldn't recommend it.

later.

Component Design Engineer - PMD                 Intel Corporation