Subject: Re: Path setting
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/09/1998 09:47:59
On Thu, 8 Oct 1998, Colin Wood wrote:

> Ken Nakata wrote:
> Colin Wood wrote:
> > ledfordm@gpc.peachnet.edu wrote:
> > >      I am used to using bash as my shell but I don't know how to set the
> > > path and where with csh.
> >
> > in all likelihood you can edit your .profile.  the path is probably
> > already set in there.  if you're just going to do it on the command   line,
> > this should work:
> >
> > export PATH=/path/to/bin1:/path/to/bin2:/and/so/on

To answer his original question...

set path=(/sbin /usr/sbin /bin /usr/bin /usr/pkg/sbin /usr/pkg/bin /usr/X11R6/bin /usr/local/sbin /usr/local/bin)

and perhaps

set cdpath=(/usr/src/{bin,sbin,usr.{bin,sbin},lib,libexec,share,games,gnu/{usr.bin,libexec,lib,games},sys/arch/mac68k/{,compile}} /sys /usr/pkgsrc)

[Those are both supposed to be on one line.]

I, too, use su -m most of the time. In fact, I have this bash function
in my .bashrc:

	su () { history -w ; command su -m ; }

That's so if I get a "permission denied," I can "su" and then recall
the command with 'ESC k'.

I still use root's csh environment every now and then, just to keep
things interesting.