Subject: Re: Setting prompt...
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Chris Jewell <jewell@jewellce.es.dupont.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/09/1998 08:50:17
> in other words, the section below is almost the correct solution.  here's
> the better one:
>
> alias reprompt      'set prompt=`echo $cwd`"% "'
> alias cd    'cd \!*; reprompt'

When I do this I get an error that a variable must start with a letter.
It does not recognize $cwd as a command.  I also tried to alias 'echo
$cwd' to one word and when I use it in the set prompt it just prints the
alias as the prompt.  I know that this can be done in a csh but I don't
know how and it is getting frustrating!!!!

-Chris Jewell

"If a man tried to take his time on earth and prove,
 before he died what one man's life could be worth,
 I wonder what would happen to this world"

		- Harry Chapin
		  1942-1981