Subject: Re: Setting prompt...
To: Chris Jewell <jewell@jewellce.es.dupont.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/08/1998 14:01:43
Chris Jewell wrote:
> This doesn't help me with the cshrc file.  What is my solution?
>
> On Thu, 8 Oct 1998, Colin Wood wrote:
>
> > Jude Giampaolo wrote:
> > > Chris Jewell carved on a block of stone:

> > > Here's what I use:
> > >
> > > set prompt="%m%~ %h%%> "
> >
> > i believe the above only works with tcsh (which i'd recommend using over
> > standard csh).  most solutions for tcsh look something like:

sorry, that should have read:  "most solutions for csh look something
like:"

in other words, the section below is almost the correct solution.  here's
the better one:

alias reprompt      'set prompt=`echo $cwd`"% "'
alias cd    'cd \!*; reprompt'

> > alias reprompt	'set prompt=`pwd`"%"'
> > alias cd 	'cd;reprompt'
> >
> > i hope this helps some.
> >
> > later.

later.

Component Design Engineer - PMD                 Intel Corporation