Subject: Re: Unknown Ethernet Card
To: Dirk Gassen <gadi0013@fh-karlsruhe.de>
From: Dr. Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@fastloki.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/06/1998 11:52:56
On 5 Oct 1998, Dirk Gassen wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Is there any possibility to force the NetBSD kernel to use the ae-driver
> for an ethernet card that it does not know of?
>
> I know that I can tell the kernel in the config file which scsi ids to look
> at but I did't find any information about the lines like
> 	"ae at nubus?"
> which seem to instruct the kernel to check for any ae compatible card on
> the Nubus.

You need to modify the code in src/sys/arch/mac68k/nubus/if_ae_nubus.c
(hope I got the name right from memory) so that it will match your card.

You're sure the card should use the ae driver? Do you know all the magic
offsets (where the card registers are located in the nubus slot), etc?

Take care,

Bill