Subject: Re: Incoming flow control
To: Michael Hendrick <mlh@csranet.com>
From: Dr. Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@fastloki.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/04/1998 11:09:06
On Sat, 3 Oct 1998, Michael Hendrick wrote:

> - NetBSD/Mac68k 1.3.2
> - Zoom modem (AT&F&D0)
> - port speed 19200
>
> After playing with different modem and port settings, it seems the only
> way I can get proper incoming flow control (ie zmodem download) is by
> setting DTRCTS on the port.  Setting RTSCTS and MDMBUF didn't seem to work
> like it did under 1.2.

Right. Setting the two together was a hack to get things to work. I made
that decision because I didn't realize it would be easy to add cdtrcts.
Plus cdtrcts is a lot more indicitive of what's going on.

> This is fine except programs like cu, mgetty and (I assume) uucico don't
> know what CDTRCTS is.  Can I simply edit the source and change all
> attempts to set and unset CRTSCTS to CDTRCTS or is it more involved than
> that?

To get things going as a local patch, that would work. But what would be
cooler is if you could teach cu, mgetty, and uucico (?) about dtrcts on
the same footing as rtscts & mdmbuf. Since cu is in the tree, it should be
able to cope. I think the other two are in the package collection, so we
should teach those about dtrcts too.

Could you do that/take a stab at it & send in a pr?

Thanks!

Bill