Subject: Re: lib errors
To: chiodi <chiodi@home.com>
From: Dr. Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/27/1998 12:01:39
On Wed, 26 Aug 1998, chiodi wrote:

> I am running netbsd 1.3.2 on a mac se/30.  I am getting
> /usr/libexec/ld.so errors when I try to run lynx pico pine.  the libs
> are in /lib.  why am i getting the errors?
>

> I am having trouble with git.
> when I hit an arrow key it exits.  error=exiting on SEGV signal
>

> these are all packages I found in the 1.3.2 m68k directory

How did you install these packages? It sounds like you just untar'ed them
in the root directory. You're supposed to use the pkg_ utilities to
install themm. pkg_add should have done the trick.

As someone else mentioned, NetBSD doesn't usually have a /lib directory.
man hier will tell you ALL about where things are supposed to be. It'll
probably tell you MORE than you wanted to know. :-)

Take care,

Bill