Subject: Re: ipmasquerading
To: Greg deHollan <gdehollan@email.msn.com>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/27/1998 20:59:11
Hi,

I have never used IP-Masquerading under Linux, but ...

Yes, IPNAT (NetBSD-speak for IP-Masquerading) is built into all 1.3.x
kernels. Yes, it functions quite well (I am using it now).  I am not
familiar with ipfwadmin, but you can do both IP forwarding and filtering
quite easily.  Of course, you have to edit text files--no fancy GUI stuff.

Mark

On Thu, 27 Aug 1998, Greg deHollan wrote:

> Is IP-Masquerading in the kernel, and does it function, i.e. do the tools
> like ipfwadmin, etc. all work as well?  I am debating whether or not to
> install on my Quadra 605.  However without IP-Masq. it would be pointless
> for me to do so.  I'm a newbie (neverhavebie) as far as NetBSD goes, but am
> quite familiar with *nix.  Also, if you need some help (with a port of it,
> or bug fixes, etc.) I'll be glad to do what I can.
>
> Please reply to gpd@student.umass.edu after Sunday Aug. 30.

   Mark Andres               E-mail: mark@giganet.net
          Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!
   Me & NetBSD: http://www2.giganet.net/~mark/NetBSD/