Subject: Re: Installation problem
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Ulrich Hausmann <ulrich.hausmann@rhein-neckar.netsurf.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/25/1998 15:20:07
Colin,

meanwhile I succeeded installing something on a Syquest 200 (my harddisk is
still an issue because of backup problems, anyway . . .). But now, there is
problem on boot:

I can start the booter, it even tries to shut down the Mac and, I presume,
because I never get there, to start NetBSD. But the process hangs badly
while shutting down MacOS. There is no keyboard possible any longer (and
even the 2 "programmer" switches, restart/debugger window, don't work
anylonger). Since it simply freezes in the booter log window and no
keystrokes are possible. I'm even unable to do a stdlog, when running
MacsBug . . .

The Bootlog file says this:

>Logging to bootlog
>Booting...transparent = 1
>MID_M68K executable: entry 0x2616.
>1406124+83584+278880+189360+182163
>
>Set _boothowto to 0x0.
>Attempting to kill all running programs
>Changing Monitor settings...
>  Bye-bye...
>        So I sez to him...  The real way
>        that it should be done is to...

I'm experiencing this on a Mac IIci with an Apple Extended Keyboard II.

Any ideas?

Regards, Ulrich