Subject: Hints for installing on LC475
To: <>
From: Peter Gutbrod <gutbrod@media-fact.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/25/1998 13:42:14
Just figured out how to install NetBSD/Mac68k 1.3.2 on my LC475/33MHz
(68040).

As i didn't find any hint in the manuals and FAQ's for two particular
problems I encountered, it might be helpfull for someone with an similar
configuration, to tell my workarounds:

1.) NetBSD refused to boot until I switched the monitor resolution to
640*480.
Color depth doesn't matter. As long as the screen is set 640*480 NetBSD
boots even with 16 bit color ( of cause console is still white on black).
I disabled the  special LC475 video hack in the booter because it
produced garbage on the screen.

2.) When I booted MacOS with extensions off (as recommended in the
manual) ADB didn'd work in NetBSD. I found I had to run the "Who am I?"
Extension and set the Gestalt ID to LC475 to make ADB work in NetBSD. Of
cause this is only necessary, when you have changed the clock speed  of
your LC475.

Peter

media factory
Muehltalstr. 14a