Subject: Building a Kernel for Classic II
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Foakes <netbsd@foakes.demon.co.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/23/1998 12:25:59
Hello,

I've pulled the IntVidTest version 0.4.1 source for the 1.2 kernel and
tried to build a 1.3.2 kernel for a Classic II by looking at the
differences.  As far as I can see, all the code is in machdep.c and most
of the that (i.e. the screen locations, size, etc) is in the 1.3.2
version except one call to check_video.  I tried to e-mail Norikai
Yamada, who made the kernel I'm currently using, but I couldn't find an
e-mail address for him and the ones I guessed are obviously wrong.

I put in the call to check_video with little confidence that I had
understood what is going on, and indeed the kernel I built crashed into
the debugger on boot.  Does anyone have any clues as to where I should be
looking/changing things?

[Note this is 1.3.2, not current.  Does current work on a Classic II yet?
 If not, is there a plan for making it work?]

Yours,

Andrew