Subject: Re: startx
To: Michael Bartosh <bartosh@tamu.edu>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/22/1998 11:39:43
Michael Bartosh wrote:

> Having trouble with startx- I've changed ld.so.conf (to have
> /usr/X11R6/lib) and added /usr/X11R6/bin to the path part of /.cshrc  .
> Even rebooted (didn't think I had to. When I startx, it says comand not
> found.
>
> I'm fairly new to this, or at least haven't been into it too deeply, so if
> there's a url somewhere that deals with this (aside from the howto...
> unless I'm missing something there) feel free to just send me there.

several things to look at:

1) does it say "startx: command not found"  or something else?
2) does /usr/X11R6/bin/ contain "startx", "xinit", "X", and "Xmac68k"?
3) does "echo $path" show /usr/X11R6/bin in your path
4) can you do a "cd /usr/X11R6/bin; ./startx", and does that work?

pls let me know if the above doesn't help.

later.

Component Design Engineer - PMD                 Intel Corporation