Subject: Re: PowerBooks (Re: new IDETEST kernels available)
To: None <stixpjr@ozemail.com.au>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/22/1998 00:59:31
On Fri, 21 Aug 1998 23:51:58 +1000, Paul Ripke wrote:

> I'm afraid I'm not particularly willing to wipe my IDE drive, tho...
> but booting a MacOS based kernel and doing a probe, or the HFS
> test from NetBSD should be fine.

That's quite all right.  There are some other things we must first
take care of.  First of all, you should contact Scott Reynolds and Bob
Nestor to update ROM vector table, intvid_info[], and so on, for the
PB190.

With those bits of information filled, I can build a kernel that's
supposed to boot on your PB190.  Then you can boot the kernel off of
MacOS partition or IIsi's SCSI disk to see if it comes up with the
correct information about the IDE disk drive, etc.

Cheers,

Ken