Subject: Re: PowerBooks (Re: new IDETEST kernels available)
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
From: Paul Ripke <stixpjr@ozemail.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/21/1998 23:51:58
Ken Nakata wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Aug 1998 09:25:25 -0700 (PDT), Colin Wood wrote:
> >
> > Actually, if anyone has a PB190, I'd love if you could test it out with
> > Ken's kernels.
>
> I wrote wdc_obio.c in such a way that PB190 would be recognized as an
> IDE Mac when its Gestalt ID was added to cpu.h.  But right now, cpu.h
> doesn't list PB190's Gestalt ID, hence "PB190 is apparently not
> supported".  There are other pieces missing.  I'd love to hear from
> someone with PB190 so that we could fill the missing pieces.

Ken -

I'm a PB190cs owner, and I also have a IIsi running a reasonably
current snapshot (at least after soldering a corroded 12 V track
on the motherboard - anyone ever seen something like that?).

I'm afraid I'm not particularly willing to wipe my IDE drive, tho...
but booting a MacOS based kernel and doing a probe, or the HFS
test from NetBSD should be fine.

Let me know.

Cheers,
--