Subject: Re: Apache as a daemon (bit offtopic)
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: bvjsales <bvjsales@japan.co.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/19/1998 00:31:53
>Dave Schmitt wrote:

>   Inetd is the lesser used of the two options. For each http connection
>   received, a new copy of the server is started from scratch; after the
>   connection is complete, this program exits. There is a high price to
>   pay per connection, but for security reasons, some admins prefer this
>   option. Inetd mode is no longer recommended and does not always work
>   properly. Avoid it if at all possible.
>
>When I have run apache, my needs are simple so I follow their advice and
>stick w/ the more efficient and reliable standalone.

I'm new to all this and I just installed apache 1.3.1 with success. [yeah!]

Could someone please go thru the steps needed to make it run under httpd
instead of inetd?

Like, what files do I configure and what kinda lines do i have to input.

any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance
NRT
www.bvjtoday.co.jp