Subject: Anti-spam legislation in WA (off-topic but of interest)
From: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/15/1998 22:59:53
	I know there are at least a few people from this list that live in
WA, like myself, and I don't know if any of them or anyone else has heard
of this decision, but the Washington State Legislature has passed a bill
against unsolicited commercial bulk-email. And, it HAS been signed
into law, effective 90 days from March 27th, 1998 (ie. NOW). Take a look
at:

http://cnn.com/TECH/computing/9803/27/wash_spam/index.html

	Basically, recipients of spam in WA can collect up to $500 per
violation, and ISP's up to $1000 if spam mail slows access to its
customers. But, I think it's only if both you and the computer that sent
the e-mail are both located in Washington.

	I might suggest informing your own respective Congressmen and
Congresswomen about this and push for similar legislation in your own
state!

	Ryan

--
HELO... my name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!