Subject: Re: guinea pigs wanted for testing IDE driver
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
From: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/14/1998 04:06:33
> I've managed to port the MI wdc driver to mac68k.  I can say no more
> than "it compiles without errors", as there has been absolutely no
> testing done on this new experimental driver yet (I don't have a Mac
> with IDE drive).

	Woo hoo! Go Ken! ;-)

> I believe HWDIRECT adb driver works pretty well for the 630s

	Yeah, works fine for me.

> The first thing you should keep an eye on is the boot message.  I'd
> like you to check if your IDE drive is correctly recognized and
> configured during autoconfiguration phase.  The drive will be wd0 in
> most cases (if not all).

wdc0 at obio0
wd0 at wdc0 drive 0: <Quantum Maverick 270A>
wd0: using 8-sector 16-bit pio transfers, lba mode
wd0: 258MB, 528640 sec, 512 bytes/sec

> Next thing, provided the first step works, is the output of "disklabel
> wd0".  If it displays the correct partitions just like when you do
> "disklabel sdX", that'd be a good news.

disklabel: wd0c: Operation not supported by device.

	Booted fine into single-user. I didn't want to hurt anything TOO
much so I didn't try continuing into multi-user. I patched /dev/MAKEDEV
and added wd0x AFTER I booted tho... which may have been a problem.... or
not ;-)

	I'll be eagerly awaiting try #2!

	Ryan

--
HELO... my name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!