Subject: Re: ppp problems
To: David <macman@avalon.net>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/14/1998 00:46:50
David wrote:
> I installed NetBSD 1.3 on a IIcx (8/200) and am having problems with
> establishing a ppp connection. when i type /etc/ppp/ppp-up the modem
> dials, i hear modem tones, then nothing. i have edited the following
> files:
>
> in /etc/ppp options, ppp-login, ppp-numbers, ans resolv.conf.down
>
> in /etc hosts, and resolv.conf
>
> did i miss something? any help would be great!

in /etc/ppp/options, make sure you add the "debug" option, then edit
/etc/syslog.conf to contain a line like:

kern.debug                                              /var/log/messages

(at least that's what i have in mine)

then you can look at /var/log/messages to see what the problem is.  oh,
also, you will want to make sure that you start chat with the -v option
(i'm not sure where chat is started with the ppp kit you're using,
possibly in the options file).

i hope this helps some.

later.

Component Design Engineer - PMD                 Intel Corporation