Subject: Re: egcs-1.0.3a?
To: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
From: Shelby Davis <sdavis@andrew.cmu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/04/1998 14:36:20
On Tue, 4 Aug 1998 mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu wrote:

> There is also a f2c package which includes a 'f77' shell script which acts
> pretty much like a fortran compiler.  I've used it with good results for
> some pretty big fortran programs.

Yeah, f2c is included in g77

> > Also, what's the procedure for submittinig a package? I'm sure a few
> > of you would like the egcs package, and bzip2, which I'm compiling to
> > reduce the download time.
>
> general info on packages:
> http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/netbsd/packages.html
>
> detailed info (including how to make them):
> http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/netbsd/Packages.txt
>
> just out of curiosity, what do you have in fortran?

I have to compile this hulking monstrosity called Khoros for
my father. It is a visual development tool for EE and stuff.
The source distribution is ~80 megs. We had to get a new hard drive
just to compile it:)

Shelby Davis                                CMU Computer Science Major
A Elbereth Gilthoniel!     <http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~sdavis>