Subject: a serial programming question
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/03/1998 10:46:33
I have a serial port programming question.  How would I go about
controlling the Hsko (Handshake out, pin 1 on the DIN-8) pin and reading
the level at the GPi (General Purpose input, pin 7 on the DIN-8)?

The reason I'm asking is I have a UPS (TrippLite OmniSmart) which has a
contact closure alarm system.  Basically, I have 2 pins coming out of this
thing that give either a "high" or "low" to indicate "all ok", "on battery
backup", and "on battery backup, but only 2 minutes left".

Thanks so much for any pointers to more info on this stuff,

Dan