Subject: Re: CodeWarior 10 Q for NetBSD utility
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Eric O'Connell <titan@gate.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/01/1998 19:53:34
>Howdy!
>
>I have a CodeWarior 10 question. I want to know if someone can tell me
>how to pop up a file selection dialog box (with some options) and then
>get a file descriptor open to that file.
>
>I want to write a MacOS version of rawrite, a utility commonly used on
>other ports to write floppies. port-macppc can really use it now, and
>mac68k could if Hauke ever suceeds at figuring out the SIWM.
>
>I want to put up a dialog box to find the file to write to the disk. I'd
>also like to tack onto the bottom a pop-up menu with different file
>formats, with different checksum options, and a TextEdit field to
>enter the write size.
>
>I don't really know how to do this in CodeWarior, and would appreciate
>suggestions. :-)
>
>Take care,
>
>Bill

Bill, i'd like to be able to help you out more, but i haven't done much mac
programming (any programming) recently.. i do know that the good way to do
it now is by using Navigation Services SDK, but i haven't even downloaded
it yet :)  the simple way is through the use of Standard File package..
SFGetFile() i think will do it, and it's quite easy to use.. i had some
sample code at one point but managed to delete my entire projects folder
while transferring it to a new drive :\  that put most of my projects on
hold as you could imagine.

when in doubt check out inside mac (it's free & online) but you should be
able to figure it out from the headers ( i think i did).

eric o'connell