Subject: Re: NetBSD installed.. What next?
To: None <makondo@chat.ru>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/30/1998 13:34:43
> Please help me with the following problems upon CONFIGURING my NetBSD.
> I have Mac 68k (Quadra 800) with two hard disks in, 258 Mb Quantum and
> 1Gb Seagate. NetBSD is installed on Quantum (sd0) and on Seagate is Mac
> OS 7.6.1.
>
> My first question is: should I see NetBSD disk mounted under Mac OS?
> Second: NetBSD is just fresh installed and I just wrote a path in
> .profile and
> this: "export TERM=vt220 PATH". What ELSE should I write in .profile (in
> /etc)
> and other /etc cofs? (in WHICH files should I write WHAT?)

I'd not recomend setting the TERM variable in any of the /etc files.
Exactly what terminal you're using varies with your login. If you set
it in /etc/profile (not /etc/.profile), anyone logging in from
something other than a vt220 will have problems. You mentioned you want
to run X. xterms aren't vt220's, so you'll give yourself some
problems.

Take care,

Bill